Skip to content
- 2019 Of Land, Bones, and Money: Toward a South African Ecopoetics. University of Virginia Press, Charlottesville.
- 2014 Subduction Zone. Pedlar Press. St. John’s, Newfoundland.
- 2012 Between Dusk and Night. Brick Books. London, Ontario.
Scholarly Articles and Chapters
- 2019 Cerro Rico. Words on the Edge: Broadside Portfolio. Codex Foundation, Extraction: Art at the Edge of the Abyss project.
- 2019 The Prodigious. Rising Tides. Halfmoon Bay, B.C.: Caitlin Press.
- 2017 Coal Trains. Refugium: Poems for the Pacific. Halfmoon Bay, B.C.: Caitlin Press.
- 2014 Accessory. Contemporary Verse 2, 37: 1.
- 2013 Vorkuta. Arc Poetry Magazine, 72.
- 2013 A pasture at the edge of the woods. Lake: A Journal of Arts and Environment, 8.
- 2012 Two Poems. The Goose: Literature, Arts, Environment and Culture in Canada, 11.
- 2012 Two Poems. Prairie Fire, 33:1.
- 2012 Seven Songs for Spatsizi. Geez, 24.
- 2012 Two Poems. Qwerty, 27.
- 2012 Two Poems. The Fiddlehead, 251.
- 2011 Fall. The New Quarterly, 120.
- 2011 Cuttlefish Bone. The Antigonish Review, 165.
- 2010 Learning Swadeshi. Room Magazine, 33:4.
- 2010 Tumbler. Contemporary Verse 2, 32:4.
- 2019 Outside, America by Sarah de Leeuw. The Malahat Review. [In press]
- 2019 The New Poetics of Climate Change: Modernist Aesthetics for a Warming World by Matthew Griffeths. Ecozon@: European Journal of Literature, Culture and Environment. [In progress]
- 2019 Writing their way home: Songs of Exile by Bänoo Zan and The Rules of the Kingdom by Julie Paul. Canadian Literature, 235.
- 2018 Cartograph by Cara-Lyn Morgan. The Malahat Review, 203.
- 2018 Caribou Run by Richard Kelly Kemick. The Goose, 16(2).
- 2017 Omnibus Review: Ignite by Kevin Spenst; Country Club by Andy McGuire; Our Inland Sea by James Lindsay; Jabbering with Bing Bong by Kevin Spenst. Canadian Literature, 232.
- 2017 Review of Small Fires by Kelly Norah Drukker. The Goose, 15(2).
- 2017 Shiner by Eva H.D.. Arc Poetry Magazine, 79.
- 2016 Skeena by Sarah de Leeuw and Feral flora by Amanda Ackerman. The Goose, 15(1).
- 2016 The brink of freedom by Stella Leventoyannis Harvey. The Malahat Review, 196.
- 2016 A New Index for Predicting Catastrophes by Madhur Anand and Endangered Hydrocarbons by Lesley Battler. Arc Poetry Magazine, 78.
- 2016 Invasive Species by Claire Caldwell. The Goose, 14(2).
- 2015 Society decamps there: Fabienne Calvert Filteau’s Second Growth. Arc Poetry Magazine, 77.
- 2015 Apocalypse happens: An iteration of the end in Sarah Lang’s For Tamara. Arc Poetry Magazine, 76.
- 2015 Sybil Unrest by Larissa Lai and Rita Wong. The Goose, 13(2).
- 2014 Memory and mourning in Anne Michaels’ Correspondences. Arc Poetry Magazine, 74.
- 2013 A World Clad in Brutality: Rachel Lebowitz’s Cottonopolis. Arc Poetry Magazine, 72.
- 2013 Sexual Wilderness: Sarah de Leeuw’s Geographies of a Lover. Arc Poetry Magazine, 71.
- 2013 Allegheny, BC by Rodney DeCroo and Grid by Brenda Schmidt. The Malahat Review, 182.
Selected Public Writing
- 2018 McGiffin, Emily, Andréanne Martel and Gavin Charles. Three things to know about partnerships for development. SDG Knowledge Hub. International Institute for Sustainable Development.
- 2018 The power of poetry in South African culture. Culturally Modified.
- 2018 Landing. Northword Magazine, Winter 2018.
- 2017 The Ivory Tower and the trenches: finding common ground. Development Unplugged series, Huffington Post.
- 2015 “Milking” and “Pump in the Yard.” Women and Environments International Magazine, 94/95.
- 2013 3D Printers and the future of food. Small Farm Canada Magazine. Jan/Feb.
- 2013 Modelling forest stewardship. Northword Magazine. Feb/Mar.
- 2011 Coffee as sacred space. Geez Magazine, 23.
- 2011 Here come in vitro meats! Small Farm Canada Magazine. Sept/Oct.
- 2011 Shale gas blues: quest for energy trumping farms. Small Farm Canada Magazine. Sept/Oct.
- 2011 Barn loft press: entrepreneurs in small farm marketing. Small Farm Canada Magazine. July/Aug.
- 2011 International report touts potential of small farms. Small Farm Canada Magazine. May/June.
- 2011 Shakespeare in Smithers. Northword Magazine. Feb/Mar.
- 2010 Size isn’t everything. Alternatives Journal. Volume 36(2).
- 2010 Understanding the seed business. Small Farm Canada Magazine. Nov/Dec.
- 2010 MPs fight to limit damage caused by GM crops. Small Farm Canada Magazine. July/Aug.
- 2010 Seeds of discontent. Small Farm Canada Magazine. May/June.
- 2010 Introduction to participatory breeding. Small Farm Canada Magazine. May/June.
- 2010 Climate change threatens yields. Small Farm Canada Magazine. Jan/Feb.
- 2009 An affinity for seed. Small Farm Canada Magazine. Nov/Dec.
- 2009 Industrial agriculture linked to greenhouse gas. Small Farm Canada Magazine. Nov/Dec.
- 2009 Land grabbing leaves African poor behind. Small Farm Canada Magazine. July/Aug.
- 2009 Food Security: a post-war recovery. Peace Magazine. July.
- 2009 Sustainable Speerville: an agricultural community. Small Farm Canada Magazine. May/June.
- 2009 Foreign affairs: land grabbers. Small Farm Canada Magazine. Mar/Apr.